Thursday, March 31, 2011

Halfway, already? (3/31)

I can't believe we're halfway through Lent already! The choir has started rehearsing those familiar Easter tones, and that perfect First Communion dress has been found. Six weeks seems like such a long time, but when it's in motion it goes fast!

I haven't really followed the stringent rules I wanted to during this time -- I've only been to the gym once since Ash Wednesday. But, I am trying to follow the Great Lenten Fast as much as possible, avoiding snacks between meals, eating meatless meals whenever possible. I've also curbed my addiction to coffee. What a shake-up that was!

This Lent has brought on new challenges, and also closure to old wounds. Must be careful though, as to not become overconfident in "my works". One must be cognisant with daily actions, and understand that he is only a steward of the many gifts from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment