Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The road to passion begins for me as well

So, starting at 298 for me on this journey. Today is Ash Wednesday, a day of fasting and abstinence from meat. I think a tuna salad sandwich at 8:30 PM will sufficiently nourish my body (no chips or soda). Water throughout the day, and half of a roll around 2:00. Mass is tonight at 7:00, where the imposition of ashes also occurs. "Remember man that though art dust, and to dust thou shalt return."

I splurged last night with one last frosty dessert. Mind you that I don't often splurge on such things, but I've been known to "cheat" a little too often on my current diet. My goal is similar to JTM's with a 100 pound weight-loss goal by next Easter.

The journey at hand is not just about Lent and Weight Loss, but rather building one's spiritual life upon a solid foundation. Thus follows the body. Others, too, are changed and "configured" by non-boasting example of goodness throughout -- secular and religious aspects alike. They are intimately connected. Improving one improves the other; reducing one reduces the other.

I've also stopped updating and responding to my FaceBook account as a Lenten sacrifice. I find that all too often I spend time reading through the content there. I will now focus internally and write about the activities in my life which directly correspond to the topic at hand, namely Making Ready the Path of the Lord through Self-Sacrifice and Recentering my life around the life of Holy Mother Church.


If our writing gets to be vague or confusing, do not hesitate to comment requesting clarification. We want this written journal to be a roadmap for all so that together we can attain the single human goal -- Everlasting Life with the Holy Trinity :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment